Continuing to catch up on mentioning what I think was the best in recent years…
Top 10 Albums of 2019
- Sammy Hagar & The Circle – Space Between
- Tesla – Shock
- Buckcherry – Warpaint
- Ninja Sex Party – Under the Covers, Vol. III
- Shark Island – Bloodline
- Jeff Lynn’s ELO – From Out of Nowhere
- Power Glove – Playback
- Whitesnake – Flesh & Blood
- Animal Drive – Back to the Roots
- Down ‘n’ Outz – This Is How We Roll
My 25 Most Played Songs in 2019 (according to Spotify)
Spotify is primarily what I use with I’m at home on my computer. I used Amazon Music a lot on mobile, so I know there’s stuff like Black Sabbath and Red Hot Chili Pepper’s “Zephyr” (I got hooked one on that one during the summer) that would be on the list if I could somehow measure beyond what I listened to on Spotify!
- Long May They Haunt Us – Lizzy Borden (My Midnight Things)
- Phantom of the Opera – Impellitteri (Nature of the Beast)
- Hey You (You Make Me Rock) – Whitesnake (Flesh & Blood)
- We Belong to the Shadows – Lizzy Borden (My Midnight Things)
- Last Man Standing – Down ‘n’ Outz (This Is How We Roll)
- Bent – Buckcherry (Warpaint)
- Taste Like – Tesla (Shock)
- Helpless – Buckcherry (Time Bomb)
- Shock – Tesla (Shock)
- Dirty Livin’ – KISS (Dynasty)
- Half As Lovely (Twice As True) – Seth MacFarlane (Once In A While)
- No Easy Way Out – Beast In Black (From Hell with Love)
- Can’t Hang – Sammy Hagar & The Circle (Space Between)
- King of the World – Kane Roberts (The New Normal)
- Obsessed With You – Lizzy Borden (My Midnight Things)
- Time Bomb – Buckcherry (Time Bomb)
- I Was Made for Loving You – Steve ‘n’ Seagulls (Grainsville)
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin – Animal Drive (Back to the Roots)
- Amanda – Boston (Third Stage)
- Porno Star – Buckcherry (Time Bomb)
- Who’s Laughing Now – Hollywood Vampires (Rise)
- The Deeper The Love – Whitesnake (Slip of the Tongue)
- Monkey Business – Animal Drive (Back to the Roots)
- The Vacuum – Buckcherry (Warpaint)
- Affirmation – Sammy Hagar & The Circle (Space Between)
Top 15 Movies of 2019
Okay, I had to do a Top 15 here. Looking back, 2019 was a pretty good year for movies. Much better than 2018, I think.
- Happy Death Day 2U – A nice twist to the series. The first movie was a thriller/dark comedy version of Groundhog Day, while the sequel takes the series into a not-as-dark comedy/sci-fi direction.
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – I loved the first one. Wasn’t impressed by the second one, but the third movie was a great story with beautiful scenery.
- Shazam! – A movie so nice I watched it twice in the theaters!
- Avengers: Endgame – More dumb fun from Marvel.
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters – This was GREAT. Major improvement over the first one.
- The Dead Don’t Die – Thoughts in the link.
- Yesterday – One of my favorite movies in years. Very clever premise. Great soundtrack, of course.
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – Probably the “nicest” movie Tarantino has ever done. Not perfect, but filled with an amazing cast that keeps you enthralled.
- Blinded By the Light – A coming of age story with a character inspired by the words & music of Bruce Springsteen. Great soundtrack, of course.
- Joker – The performance by Joaquin Phoenix is one of the best I’ve ever seen.
- Little Monsters – I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this one. A zombie movie featuring children that takes place at a safari in Australia!
- The Irishman – I didn’t think there was a whole lot in the way of plot, but it was just so nice to see De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Scorsese together, for what I assume will probably be the last time.
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood – Not exactly what I expected (I thought it would focus more on Mr. Rogers), but still a heartwarming tale based on true events. A good look into who Fred Rogers was.
- Knives Out – Didn’t live up to all the quirky, clever fun that the trailer promised, but this was still a refreshingly fun movie.
- Bombshell – An entertaining, but glossy and somewhat fictionalized account of the misogynist culture that exists at Fox News.
Okay, I think I’m all caught up now. :)